Monday, December 12, 2011

$20 check in trick at mirage??

Hello going to Vegas in April or May and keep seeing stuff about the 20 dollar check in trick..Can someone tell me what this is thinking about booking there..Thank you :)

One more thing trying to decide between the Mirage or treasure island any suggestions..we are in or 30s not picky just looking for nice clean rooms with good view and worth the money Thanks again

$20 check in trick at mirage??

Oh my gosh, IT%26#39;S NOT A TRICK. It is a bribe, and a joke to front desk people. If you want a certin room BOOK IT.

Both resorts will be fine, I like Mirage better myself. Rooms a bit nicer, pool area is great.

$20 check in trick at mirage??

just pay the money in advance and get the room you want. it is a bribe, they could keep the 20 and still put you in a rubbish room!!! book it in advance.


Ignore the rantings of these loonies.

I%26#39;ll try to help answer your question.

The las vegas tipping thread on Fatwallet shows an 80% success rate at Mirage. 28 out of 35 attempts were successful.

On 20trick.com it is showing 100% success rate. 16 out of 16.

I would say go for it. Your chances of an upgrade using the trick are extremely high.


So this $20 trick... Ive heard many people try, many succeed....I personally have never tried, so I have a bit of a stupid question (though no question is a stupid one my grade school teacher used to say)...

If you offer the ';tip'; for an upgrade, and get it, are you charged the original rate you were quoted for whatever room you originally booked, or do you get charged the nightly rate of the new room you%26#39;re upgraded to ??


I never use the $20 trick, I just try to be very courteous and friendly to the clerk. Sometimes I get nice upgrades without asking, sometimes I get told ';no way'; when I do ask.It all depends on how busy the hotel is I believe. On occaision I have had the clerk say they have to ';check'; when I have asked. What this means is that they will go check your history and status, and if you are not a premium player...nope!

Occaisionally they will give newbies a nice room to entice them to come back I believe. When I first stayed at Caesar%26#39;s Palace they gave me an Augustus Tower room overlooking the Bellagio, comped. Since then I cannot even get a regular room there comped!

To answer your question about Mirage vs TI...I believe that Mirage will be more expensive and likely no view. My preference would be Mirage but I hear that TI rooms are nice, but I have never stayed there.


';The las vegas tipping thread on Fatwallet shows an 80% success rate at Mirage. 28 out of 35 attempts were successful.

On 20trick.com it is showing 100% success rate. 16 out of 16.';

The success rates issued by sites such as this may be fun to read but, unless every single guest who attempts the ';trick'; reports their result, are statistically irrelevant. Chances are some of those who had success could have gotten their upgrades anyway by keeping their cash in their pocket and just asking nicely. All that a 100% success rate means to me is that no unsuccessful ';tricks'; have made the effort to report back with their results.

Mirage is the nicer hotel with a way better pool area.


This trick/bribe call it what you will has worked for me on many occasions and has woked for me at the mirage. I think it funny how people grt hepped up about people using and go off on one saying its a joke and its rubbish. Just as I can not prove that I would have got the upgrade without the $20 they can not prove that the I did not get the upgrade for the $20. I must admit I generally use more than $20 and contary to what some one above quoted when they have not been able to get me the upgrade they have always offered me the $20 back I have never taken it as i am not a tight a**.


I am not sure how somone an say Mirage is unlikley to have a view that is simply not true. Just like every other hotel in town some of the rooms at MIrage have good views and others no view, if you get a room at the back of the property yopu can see way up the Strip this is a view from our room at thet front I took more but cant post them ;-))

…flickr.com/2077/2094206166_b2a4dd4fbb.jpg…


I didn%26#39;t say that they didn%26#39;t have rooms with a view... obviously the whole hotel has ';views';. I am saying that a first timer may NOT get a room with a view of the strip! My first and only visit to the Mirage I had a view of the pool.

And just because we don%26#39;t offer a ';bribe';...';trick';...';tip';...whatever you want to call it doesn%26#39;t make us cheapa**s! I%26#39;m sure the desk clerks do not expect a tip. And I really think that $20 is ridiculous to give them for a few minutes of their time doing what they are supposed to do! Do you also give wait staff a $100 tip before they serve you? That would be a bribe, right?


The $20 trick works exactly as well as asking nicely. It seems pointless to me, but it makes lots of people happy. If you%26#39;ve got an extra $20, feel free to give it away.

As for TI vs Mirage, it all comes down to pool. If you want to spend time by a fabulous pool, go to the Mirage. Otherwise, stick with the TI.

  • domain web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment