Monday, December 12, 2011

Don't plan to stay at Bill's!They change your reservation!

My 83 year old mother and I had made a reservation at Bill%26#39;s one month before our trip.We got to Bill%26#39;s at 10:00am and they confirmed our reservation and said to come back at 12:00.At 2:00 they said they could not accomodate us and switched us to the Flamingo next door.They would not help us with our bags and I had to manage my 83 year old mothers bags and my own by myself.At the Flamingo they gave me a very old and outdated room with filthy carpet when I paid for a decent room at Bill%26#39;s.When I checked out I told the women at the desk what happened and she said she%26#39;s seen that before.They got more money for the room than I paid and moved me.Don%26#39;t stay at Bill%26#39;s!A confirmed reservation really isn%26#39;t one!



Don't plan to stay at Bill's!They change your reservation!


sorry to hear that. In my opinion i think flamingo is better than bills, sorry it didnt work, they should have helped you get to the flamingo



Don't plan to stay at Bill's!They change your reservation!


It%26#39;s not that big of a deal. Don%26#39;t kid yourself about Bill%26#39;s. The rooms there are old and outdated, too. Hotels overbook. It happens. It just sucks that your mother had to schlep over to Flamingo.




I have stayed at Bill%26#39;s more than once and I never had any problems. I am sorry this has happened to you. They should have helped you with your luggage. I hope you did ask for another room at the Flamingo if you were not happy with the first room.



Yes, hotels do overbook but it is still disturbing when it happens to you.



The rooms at Bill%26#39;s are not old, outdated or dirty.




Ohhh - I would have taken advantage of that situation!!! If something like this happens you gotta %26#39;work it%26#39;! I stayed at Flamingo in Feb and really liked it - we had just a regualr room and it was fine. We almost stayed at Bills and I still want to try it, but I would have insisted that they help with the bags and would have forcefully but politely asked for a Go room or something more than a standard!!!





You gotta work it!




I was moved from harrah%26#39;s to bally%26#39;s during the whole permit issue. I did make them get me a limo to take me to bally%26#39;s since that is what we took to get to harrah%26#39;s and they gave us 100 food credit. I would move hotels anytime they offered free food!!!!




lovetotravelalot makes a pretty good point. Next time, look at something like that as an opportunity to make them ';make it right'; for YOU.




as said before, hotels do overbook. these things happen. but not having someone from the hotel offer to help an 83 year old woman with her bags is probably the worst customer service i can imagine.



i also agree with a previous poster that you should have demanded an upgrade. when a hotel or airline or really anyone are put in the position where they can not honor your reservation, they will make you an offer. they hope you take it without a complaint and move on, but really, you do have bargaining room in that position. if i were you, i would have taken the move to the flamingo, as i think it%26#39;s nicer anyways and then would have pushed for a room upgrade and a credit of some sort for my troubles.




I’m sorry to hear that happened to you and your mom, that must have been pretty stressful for her, personally I find it unacceptable, especially the fact that they wouldn’t help move you and find an upgraded room for your trouble. I hope you were able to enjoy the remainder of your trip with your mom.




This can happen at the best of hotels since they all overbook at one time or another. It is a bad that they offered little help with the move to the Flamingo.




You should be grateful--Bill%26#39;s is a dump. I do not understand why it gets such glowing reviews here. I guess people just don%26#39;t know any better.


  • face make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment