Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mizuno's at the Tropicana...worth it?

We are heading out to The Promised Land in late February. Have you eaten at Mizuno%26#39;s at the Tropicana? We are looking for a ';fun'; and tasty japanese restaraunt.





I think this is the restaraunt they featured on one of the Travel Channel shows. Looks like a nice place to spend some time and get a good meal.





Is it good food and is it expensive? In other words, is it worth it or are there better options?





Thanks in advance.



Mizuno's at the Tropicana...worth it?


It%26#39;s fastest and easiest to do some footwork on your own and visit a hotel%26#39;s site:





http://www.tropicanalv.com/dining_mizunos.asp





Asking if something ( a restaurant, hotel, attraction, etc.) is %26#39;worth it%26#39; will generate many answers because it%26#39;s such a subjective question. One man%26#39;s trash is another man%26#39;s treasure. For some, the sake is always greener in the other Japanese restaurant. If you%26#39;re curious, then go there and eat and let us know what you think! While at the Trop, see Folies Bergere before it%26#39;s gone forever, as it was announced today the show will close in 2 months.



Mizuno's at the Tropicana...worth it?


Asking if something ( a restaurant, hotel, attraction, etc.) is %26#39;worth it%26#39; will generate many answers because it%26#39;s such a subjective question.





Nightman, thanks for responding, but that is one dumb answer. I have researched this restaraunt, including the site you listed. Not much help. That is the whole idea of my post, to get as many ';real'; opinions as possible from people like me who have gone already.





As far as ';going myself, and posting my comments';, I do that. I have posted many trip reports and actual, real life opinions for everyone. That%26#39;s what makes this forum so good, honest reviews. I have received many great opinions from many nice people here.




hey there kentucky...We ate there 2 years ago...(my last time there)..and we are headed back in 2 weeks...we will definately stop in again...last time we were a party of 4 and hooked up with another pty of 4 at the table..had a great time swaping stories and laughs...sake was great!..this time we will be a pty of 6 so not sure what will happen but i know we will have a blast any which way...after all its vegas! oh yeah food was also great :)




bighappy, now thats an answer! I%26#39;m sorry if I offended anyone, I was just not prepared for a post like that one. I%26#39;m really a Big Teddy Bear!





After what you said, I think we (4 of us) will give it a try. Thanks again for the help! We are going in 35 days.....HeHe.




I%26#39;ll be there in the middle of February, so I%26#39;ll try to post a review when I get back.




Hi KentuckySteve, I agree with you 100% that this forum is great for the honest reviews and great opinions. I%26#39;ve learned a lot here and check in frequently for mini-doses of Las Vegas, because I can never be there as often as I%26#39;d like. The Tropicana was my hotel of choice until a few years ago when their slide became so precipitous that it was reflected in room condition, service and general maintenance throughout the entire resort. I don%26#39;t mind that you flubbed my name or continue to misspell the word restaurant, but calling a response dumb simply because you didn%26#39;t like one sentence and then placing in quotes something I didn%26#39;t even say is ...well, dumb. One question you asked was, ';';...is it expensive?'; The link I provided features Mizuno%26#39;s menu with their prices and answers that question. Some might think they%26#39;re expensive, others not. As for, ';Is it worth it?';, if YOU want to go, then it%26#39;s worth it! Asking specifics is one thing, but I find asking whether something is worth it or not vague adn subjective and often generates wildly variant responses that can leave one right back where they started (just ask about Battista%26#39;s!). Nothing personal was intended. Simply out, I%26#39;m a big advocate of trying new things and discovering on one%26#39;s own. If a person has a curiosity, I urge them to satisfy it themself. You only live once - make the most of that one life. Have a great time in my favorite getaway city.




Thanks to all that responded. We will give it a try, can%26#39;t wait.





Luvmymutt, I look forward to your review when you return. Good Luck, but please leave me a LITTLE money out there! Have a GREAT time.




Hey there Kantucky,





Me and my honey are headed back to vegas Feb 19-23 and we ALWAYS go to Mizunos, everytime!! We always have a fantastic time and love love love their food. We usually spend around 75-100 for the both of us depending on what we order (ie: drinks, appetizers) But one bit of advice that I will give you is GET THE FRIED RICE!!!! It is divine but limit the order to 1 per every 2 ppl, it is a big order and will feed 2 easily. The filet is the best we have ever had, the shrimp, scallops, chicken....all worth it, you might try the Emporers Feast (think thats what its called) which basically gives you a sample of everything....cost is around $90 I think but would easily feed 3 in my opinion.





Hope this helps ....oh and we always take in the Comedy Stop as well, after dinner, gives time to have the food digest and its always a a funny good time, its right up the stairs and around the corner from Mizunos.





Have a great time!!!!!



Tricia




and sorry for mis-spelling your name K E N T U C K Y....lol




Tricia, THANK YOU for responding!! I think we will give it a try this time by what you have said. We are going Fe. 23-27.





And the Kantucky thing, no big deal. We usually get called much worse that that.....hillbillies, toothless and barefoot, country bumpkins...etc.





Do me one big favor since you are going the week before me.....leave SOME money out there for us....don%26#39;t win it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment