Thursday, April 1, 2010

Anniversary dinner

My husband and I are coming to Vegas in November to renew 20th anniversary vows.





We want to do a special dinner somewhere but not sure where. We don%26#39;t want anyplace that he has to wear a jacket (I have a hard time getting him to put on his ';big boy'; pants - he lives in shorts since we live in south Florida). We don%26#39;t mind spending a lot of money on dinner - as long as the food is worth it. We are just looking for someplace memorable - fancy, not fancy, whatever. We are both adventurous eaters so cuisine is not an issue.





Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.





Thanks



Anniversary dinner


We%26#39;ve had our anniversary dinners at the Top of the World; Mon Ami Gabi; Alize; Olives; and Mix. All of them were memorable. My husband hates to put on a jacket, too. He wore one to Mix, but he really didn%26#39;t have to. The others he was fine in a nice dress shirt and dress pants. I was very dressed up, though.



This year we are celebrating at Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio.



Anniversary dinner


We will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary at Alize. We wanted to go to Andre%26#39;s (the original) but they are closed for the month of July.





I think Alize will be wonderful though. It seems to have a beautiful view.





Best wishes,





Ardychan




Andre%26#39;s is great for a special occasion. The food, service and ambience just can%26#39;t be beat. I think it is the most romantic restuarant in Vegas.



http://andrelv.com/original/





If you don%26#39;t want to travel that far- Alize is all of the above and a view:



http://andrelv.com/alize/





Another great restaurant (way off strip)-Rosemary%26#39;s. It doesn%26#39;t have the ambience of Andre%26#39;s or Alize but the food and service is fantastic! Read the restaurant reviews on this site.





http://www.rosemarysrestaurant.com/





Any of these restaurants would be a great choice and would be much better than most of the restaurants on the strip. I have eaten at Top of the World and Eiffel Tower(twice at both restaurants) and although the views were great the food can%26#39;t compare to what you will eat at the above three restaurants.





I was also disappointed with Mon Ami Gabi.




Thank you all for your replies. I always appreciate it when people share their expertise. You have all given me great places to start my research. Thanks again.




I recommend the chef%26#39;s tasting menu at Aureole. Excellent.




Thank You for the replies...ANdre sounds like great to me!! We are doing the same...going for our 2nd anniversary to Vegas....We will give this one a shot...thanks for hosting this discussion...!!!!




Me and my wife just had are third anniversary dinner at Envy in the Rennasiance Hotel. Envy doesn%26#39;t get the press it deserves since it is not in a Strip hotel. Food, wine and service are all 5 star.




You do realize this post is almost a year old. And Andres is now closed. I will also recommend Alize.

No comments:

Post a Comment