Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hotwire ';Budget'; cheaper than ';Budget'; site?

Just finished booking a car for my daughter and her husband for next weekend. I checked the Budget site and I got a quote of $174 (total taxes and fees included). Did a search on Hotwire and received a total price of $89 for the same car and days from Budget. Would someone explain why ther%26#39;s such a discrepancy?



Hotwire ';Budget'; cheaper than ';Budget'; site?


Well, Bridgefan would say ';supply'; and ';demand'; and leave it at that. ;)



When I%26#39;ve looked at each rental agency%26#39;s website before using Hotwire or Priceline, I%26#39;ve always found higher prices. But if you are a member of any of their clubs, you can usually get the price to come down. Also, a lot of people book directly with the rental agency for business travel and their company will pay whatever comes up.



Just tell your daughter and her husband to be careful when signing anything at the counter. Budget tried to tack on extra fees upon pickup and drop-off for me last trip. Tell them to ';just say no';.



Hotwire ';Budget'; cheaper than ';Budget'; site?


I dunno. I don%26#39;t think the third party sites prebook cars. Maybe Hotwire is applying the best discount codes somehow.




Thanks for the heads up, mailgirl. I%26#39;ll also make sure they take the invoice that plainly states the total (including taxes and fee0.

No comments:

Post a Comment