Thursday, April 8, 2010

Travel Packages = Cheap flights?

To fly US Airways for two in December is a grand total of $1184 on the dates I selected.





Now if I book it as a vacation and choose to stay at Circus Circus it is $900 for two.





An almost $300 saving!!





So if one were to do this but stay at a different hotel would not bothering to check in at the hotel you purchased the room for cause any issues? I know the hotel has already gotten your money so they probably don%26#39;t care, but I wouldn%26#39;t want to do this and effect my returning flight or some part of the package.



Travel Packages = Cheap flights?


I have heard of people having problems with this. The hotel reports to the airline or TA that the person did not arrive, so they cancel the return flight.



We think this is silly, but remember the times we live in. This is the kind of action that attracts attention, and when it involves flights it involves the TSA. Who may even have to inform other security agencies.



So my advice would be that if you choose to do this make sure you check in at CC. You don%26#39;t actually have to stay there if you don%26#39;t want to.





Travel Packages = Cheap flights?


Have you actually heard of people having issues with this? Or have you heard of someone%26#39;s brother%26#39;s best friend%26#39;s dentist having issues with this?





I don%26#39;t know why the TSA would care that you didn%26#39;t stay in the hotel that you paid for.




I am a real nervous nelly so I think I would be worried the whole trip if I didn%26#39;t check in lol I see that CC has a 8pm check out! But it would still be a pain.




Well, given current economic conditions and that fare sales are reappearing and fares are also fluctuating like crazy, I, personally, think it is way too soon to lock in anything you can%26#39;t cancel now for December, unless it%26#39;s around the holidays, but probably even then.





And, something about those prices doesn%26#39;t seem right. Is that all-inclusive? Is it there when you look again?





There%26#39;s always the possibility that Circus Circus does have some sort of financial deal going with US Airways and might very possibly let them know if you%26#39;re a no show resulting in your return ticket being cancelled. You never know...




All the airline will know is if you took the flight. If you do the outbound part, then they don%26#39;t cancel the inbound one.





There has been talk on her about this very subject before, no one had a problem with doing what you are proposing to do. However, to make sure, call the airline and find out, don%26#39;t rely on 2nd hand info here.





That said, it is way, way too early to be booking for next Dec!




I know its to early! I just can%26#39;t help but look!





Flights from Toronto don%26#39;t really get much cheaper though!




We usually don%26#39;t book our flight too early but did so for our 7/3-7/8 trip. Fares from our airport, Knoxville, are like most other small airports, really high. I found a fare on Delta for $280/PP inclusive of all taxws, fees etc. I DID however purchase the travel insurance for a small fee. That far in advance, anything can happen...actually a day away anything can happen. Travel insurance seems like maybe a waste but if you need it and don%26#39;t have it...well...

No comments:

Post a Comment