Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Good Curryhouse?

I know its a real ';brit abroad'; thing to ask, and for that i apologize,but is there a good curryhouse in Vegas?



A Good Curryhouse?


There are some Indian restaurants with decent reputations but I don%26#39;t know what curryhouse means so I am not sure they are what you are looking for.



A Good Curryhouse?


';Curryhouse'; is a UK colloquialism for Indian restaurant.... :-)





RobnDi, I would forget about it. Anybody used to the great Indian food that you%26#39;ll be used to eating regularly in the UK will be very disappointed by what%26#39;s on offer in Vegas.




I agree with blagger. I have eaten at 7 or 8 Indian restaurants in Vegas and I am still looking for ';THE'; Indian restauant. The food at most of the places was just o.k.- at best. I have been to England 4 times and there is a sizable Indian community in Jersey and I go there to eat in those restaurants. Vegas restaurants can%26#39;t compare .




Thanks for the replies. Shame though,even in Vegas i will miss my weekend indian meal!





Rob




I%26#39;m sure there was one in the Rio with the rather amusing name of ';Gaylords';!




';I%26#39;m sure there was one in the Rio with the rather amusing name of ';Gaylords';!';





Not ';was';, there still is. It just doesn%26#39;t get very good reviews, and last time I walked past the place I had to laugh not at the name of the place but at the prices they charge. Twice as much as my local Indian places charge for basic dishes like Chicken Tiki Masala and Vindaloo.




Good to see it still there. And must add that seeing the name ';Nobhill'; always raised a chuckle......




Origin India is not far from the strip and has a few really good dishes IMHO. Like others have said LV is not the best place for Indian but I like to visit Origin India far better than Gaylords.




This is the USA - try some of the great steakhouses in Las Vegas and treat yourself to delicious ( hopefully ) Nebraska corn fed prime beef.







Maybe next vacation you can go to Mumbai for that curry thing.




Gaylords was the worst out of the 7 or 8 restaurants I tried. The only thing I liked was the naan.

No comments:

Post a Comment