Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cash Money

So, I know that the answers are going to vary greatly to this question, but I am going to ask it anyways! lol





Ok, so how much cash do you take with you down to Vegas? I know that I need $12 for the round trip shuttle to and from the airport, and probably $50 max for gambling. What else do i need cash for?





The sad thing is, this is my third trip to Vegas in 2 years, and I fot the life of me have no idea how much i took down before.





Thanks everyone!



Cash Money


I%26#39;d set a limit on the cash you want to spend for gambling per day, and then add $100.00 for stuff you haven%26#39;t thought about. After that, using a debit card or credit card should cover the rest.



Cash Money


We brought $400 per day - $100 each for us to gamble per day, and $200 for food and other things. We were very fortunate, we came home with the same amount we left with - our whole trip was paid for (thanks BJ %26amp; 3-card poker!) I know this is unusual.





It%26#39;s so personal - we sought out bargains for some things, splurged on others.




How many days are you going for? Are you traveling alone? Where are you staying? I would jack that shuttle cost from $12 to $14. You might want to include a little bit for food, drinks, entertainment.






Sorry, guess I should have been more specific. We are going down from March 2-7 and staying at TI. There Will be 4 of us, not planning on gambling everyday, maybe once every 2 days if that.




Im going in a little over 3 weeks and plan to only carry $400 in cold hard cash for the 4 days i%26#39;ll be there, mostly for food and transport. Very little for gaming. My Visa DC will do the rest. Cant wait!




Depends on how strict your budget is, and how good you are at sticking to it.





You need cash for gambling (they don%26#39;t take credit cards), taxis, shuttles, buses, little snacks/drinks (e.g. Starbucks) and tips. Most other things (main meals, shopping, shows) you can put on a credit card, unless (as I say above) you need a little extra help in the money management department, then you should bring your entire trip budget in cash and lock your credit card in the room safe.





Gambling money is up to you to set. The other stuff depends on how much traveling you are going to do via taxi, etc... You%26#39;re there for 5 days, I%26#39;d bring maybe $150 in cash just to be safe, and charge the rest.




Sorry; meant $150 plus gambling money.




Four people should not take the shuttle to TI. It will be cheaper to just take a cab, not to mention more comfortable and convenient.




Thanks for the tip. I looked it up and looks like average taxi fare from airport to TI is about $20 (provided we dont take the tunnel, whatever that means)




Asking on this forum how much money to bring is common. The answers as you mentioned will be all over the map.



When I go there with a group of guys I figure $250 a day for everything. I do not go to shows or do anything other than drink, eat, drink and gamble when I am there with friends. When I go with my wife I figure about $400 a day for both of us. Will not gamble or drink as much but we will go to a few shows over the course of a week and our meals will be more $$$. HAVE FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment