Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mirage Rates Going Up

I dont understand why the Mirage rates on the Volcano offer are going up when it seems everyone elses rate is coming down. I booked two rooms at certain rate for April. I now need another room and the rate using the same volcano30 code is 72 bucks more! Mirage refuses to give me another room at the rate I paid for the two I already have booked. I then told her ok, we will just have to put more people in the rooms we have now. She said ok. I was shocked. They just lost 3 nights of room revenue over 72 bucks. Anyone know why these rates would go up right now. I thought vegas was struggling.



Mirage Rates Going Up


I think, like most places, in Vegas it%26#39;s the golden rule of supply and demand. Without knowing the dates, I imagine there is a convention of some sort at or near the hotel. We just booked three nights in April at the Mirage and the rate for our Saturday night was higher than the Tuesday night rate!





Just be careful; if you told them you%26#39;re putting extra people in the room, most hotels (Mirage included) charge $30/per person/per night over two.







Mirage Rates Going Up


I believe it%26#39;s because of the time frame . T he rates are set so that the further out the cheaper the rate, closer to date, higher rate. Sometimes the offers are only being offered during a certain time frame and the offer expires. Sorry, remember if you like the rate and are happy with the rules book real quickly . It%26#39;s really quite common.




It must be that I booked earlier. The offer does not expire until March 31st. I didnt know the rates went up during the course of an offer. I thought they remained the same from start to finish of the offer. I was wrong wasnt I ! Thanks for educating me.




Hi vicki66. I just read your posts which completely put me in a panic because I did the same thing (booked 2 rooms on one date) and then decided to book an additional room because they charge $60.00 per night for 2 extra guests. For a couple hundred more it made more sense to book the 3rd room. This was in January and after I read your post I couldn%26#39;t remember if I followed thru. Luckily I did but I was a little surprised they wouldn%26#39;t help you out on matching that rate for your extra room. Maybe you should try calling back and speaking with someone else. I find 9 times out of 10 if you don%26#39;t like the answer or service you receive just try back and sometimes you will get lucky. If you happen to get someone who is having a bad day or just not very nice to begin with they may not be accomodating. I too thought maybe their rooms would go down as the dates got closer but I checked tonight and I am booked for 7 nights April 1-8th for $679.07 w/all taxes and a strip view room. Tonight I checked and it has climbed to $915.60 for the same dates and using the same Volcano 30 code.




I know.. I booked in January too. I thought they would go down but I was wrong. I cant believe when I told them we would just double up that they would say Ok. They never looked up my reservation, had no idea how many people in my room. Nothing. I should have done what you said and just told them I thought I booked another room. I really didnt think it would be such a big deal for them to match my rate though. Guess it was. When I got my confirmation there was a phone # for the concierge in it. I will just call that # tomorrow. I almost feel like telling them that we will stay elsewhere just for not being accomodating but I really did get a great deal to begin with. Not sure I can get a better deal in a better location on the strip anywhere else. We can put one extra person in each room but oh the tiny bathroom and 3 women! Ugh. Lol.




I still have two rooms booked at the Flamingo for the same dates as I couldn%26#39;t decide when I booked. I do keep getting e-mails from Flamingo and they have had some really great deals going. They have one that if you stay 3 nights I think you get $300.00 voucher towards a future flight. I don%26#39;t know how you feel about the Flamingo though. Most people when I posted that question liked the Mirage better.




Vegas rates can chaneg hourly there are so many fctors that control them, we once booked rooms on the Staurday AM for MGM at $59 for the midweek and $159 for the weekend, our friends booked the same rooms on the same code about 6 hours later at $79 and $139 ! The golden rule in Vegas is book a room as soon as you see a rate that you are happy with, as long as it is not a ';non rendable'; offer keep and eye on the rates if they drop call the hotel and they will will drop your rate if thego up you are locked in at a good rate. We booke a penthouse suite about 5 months in advance at Mirage at $1k per night, the price dropped and dropped and dropped and I kept calling the hotel and getting my rate changed, then about a month before we left it was back up to $1500 per night !







Remember extra people in the room in Mirage will invoke a charge its either $30 or $35 per person per night.




The previous poster is right, hotel rates in Vegas can change daily, even hourly. When they have a promotion for rooms at x number of $, once the rooms allotted for that promotion are taken, then price goes up. It is just like buying airline tickets, so many tickets/rooms are allotted at various price points, selection A is sold out, move to selection B which costs more.





Never assume that once you see a promotional rate that the rate will be that price for the duration of the promotion because that is just not so.





Also, rates for Friday and Saturday nights are much more expensive than those for Sun through Thurs nights.




I got the mirage on a FRI - Sat- Sun on april 3-6 for 320 dollars total. I thought that was a heck of a good rate for a weekend. We were going to put two girls each in 2 rooms. Now we have 6 girls and want another room. Anyone know of any better deals at a decent hotel that we could book? I hate to put 3 girls in a room at the Mirage with the tiny bathrooms. Lol. That could be a nightmare. If all else fails we will just pay the higher rate and life will go on! Also , does anyone know how much they hold on your credit card for a deposit at the Mirage?




easy to understand - two words



supply



demand

No comments:

Post a Comment