Saturday, April 3, 2010

Eiffel Tower restaurant or Stratosphere?

For a romantic wedding dinner - but don%26#39;t want to pay over the top. Which is best? Also is it better to go for lunch or dinner?



Eiffel Tower restaurant or Stratosphere?


I%26#39;ve never been to the Eiffel Tower restaurant but I am a great fan of Top of the World at the Stratosphere. It is an %26#39;old school%26#39; feel but to me that is its charm. The views are incredible and because the restaurant rotates you get to see the whole of the LV valley and not just the Strip.



I would recommend going at evening because of the lights across the valley. Perhaps get their for dusk and have a cocktail in their bar before sitting down for dinner.



Eiffel Tower restaurant or Stratosphere?


I went to the Eiffel Tower after my wedding. I think we paid $98 each for the taster menu (not including drinks) but it was worth every penny. The service was outstanding %26amp; the food unbelievable. Also you get to see the fountains at the Bellagio from above which is really special.





Somewhere else you could try would be the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio, my friend went there after her wedding %26amp; said the food was excellent %26amp; they had a live band on afterwards.




We got PTSD from riding the X-scream so we have not been to Top of the World yet, but we did go the ET and had a fantastic time. We booked through open table and requested a table by the window with a view of the fountains and that is what we got. We had a huge tab but that is because we spent more on wince than we did on the food. I think for 2 apps, 2 dinners, and 2 desserts it was less than $150, but you can check the website for a menu.





I will warn you that this is a European style dining experience. That means service deliberately slow and personalized, the menu is French (I know, ';duh,'; but some people do not understand that) and the tables close together. We were there for over 2 hours and made best friends with the sommelier and head waiter. We found the whole experience romantic.





I will also throw in that Mon Ami Gabi on/close to the patio can also give you the same feel at a lower perspective and slightly lower price point.




Eiffel Tower Restaurant




I have been to both. To me Top of The World is a better restaurant overall. If you go be sure to request a booth. It%26#39;s a better atmosphere for a romantic dinner. It%26#39;s also good to go about 30 minutes before the sunset.




I like Eiffel Tower also.




I wasn%26#39;t happy with either one of them. The views might be great but I wasn%26#39;t happy with the food. Nothing horrible about the food- just so-so. When I am paying for a special meal I want the food to be as good as the views. I would rather go to a restaurant without a view that had excellent food and then go to one of the lounges for drinks and a view.



I would suggest Alize. Everything is great about it- food, service, ambience and view.



www.andrelv.com/alize/




I%26#39;ve not eaten at the Stratosphere so can%26#39;t comment personally - but fiends ate there and really enjoyed it.



We ate at the ET and were not impressed - the food and service was mediocre at best. The quality of the food for the price we paid was appalling! How exactly are cheese puff pastry balls a Parisian starter?!!?




Neither both are mediocre and fair food at best. I would opt for Alize @ Palms as they have much better food and service for the same price.

No comments:

Post a Comment