Saturday, April 3, 2010

Free Airfare Package from Allegiant

Allegiant Air is offering a deal to get the second passengers airfare for free when you purchase a package. It must be purchased by March 18th and travel must take place by September 30th. We are thinking about taking advantage of this deal. Has anyone purchased a package from Allegiant before?



Free Airfare Package from Allegiant


have never purchased a %26#39;package%26#39; from them, but when my daugther was in college, she used Allegiant all the time to fly between Vegas and Colorado. Sometimes the fare was as cheap as 19.00 one way! They%26#39;re a great bargain airline for short flights where you can survive on just a carry on or one small suitcase.



Free Airfare Package from Allegiant


We did so once. It worked fine for us as we did not have any hotel comps. If you have comped rooms chances are it is not such a good deal. Price it both ways and see.




Thanks. No comps here. This is our first trip to Vegas. The advantage to us is that we basically get the $79 each way rate that we missed by waiting one day to book. Right now it is $119 and with the free second person it works out to what we would have paid before the fare went up. I hope I just made sense. (lol).




It can be a good deal if you find the right hotel and flight combo. You just have to know what the rates usually are before you know if a package offers savings. It can be a great deal or not.





When you consider that hotels charge the same for one or two people and with the fly free del you pay for the hotel twice (once for each passenger) you sometimes spend more than you would booking flight and hotel independently.





I have seen it as a good deal when booking specific hotels. Recently they had a great deal for Trump and Wynn and a great deal for Santa Fe Station and El Cortez. Very different ends of the hotel scale but great offers with air.





I really hope you find what you are looking for KSgirl. Where do you have to go to fly Allegiant from your home in KS?




This will be our fifth trip using Allegiant and we have never had a problem. We tend to stay at lower-end hotels however, as we are seldom in the room.




Thanks everyone. We have some time to decide if this is the route we want to go.





Shrinkgirl- We fly out of Wichita.




Cool, just curious as my dear stepson is in Kansas City and usually uses Southwest. I%26#39;m sure you will find what you are looking for.




My friend and I go to Vegas twice a year for long weekends. I was checking Allegiant and found a great deal for us with the package. We don%26#39;t usually book a package but we got a great deal staying downtown at the Fitz. Under $300 per person for flight and room for 3 nights on a weekend. You can%26#39;t beat that. We usually stay at the Golden Nugget, but for the price we just couldn%26#39;t resist the Fitz. Nothing fancy but it%26#39;s fine for us as I%26#39;ve stayed there before. We only sleep and shower there and don%26#39;t use the pool. It was only $50 more for the Nugget. That was a good deal I thought, too. We only take a carry-on for our weekend trips so that saves us each $30 each. I always call the hotel and confirm a few days after booking to make sure everythng%26#39;s booked OK.




We purchased a package for Hooters year before last. It can be a good deal.. it was for us. But I would not recommend that hotel.





You could write down your top hotel choices and ask here about the hotels. I wish I had done that before I booked Hooters :) It was still a good deal and no way could we have flown and got the same rooms any other way for the same price, but we could have chose a better hotel for the same price.





I still prefer to book directly with the hotel.




We have decided to stay at The Mirage so I am confident in our hotel choice. I am just nervous because I have never done a package deal before. I was also nervous because we aren%26#39;t going until July so this seems early to book. But I think we are going to do it. I am worried that the fares aren%26#39;t going to go back down so I think this is the best deal. I will probably wait to book it until it is closer to the March 18th deadline. That gives me time to decide whether or not I should pay in advance to check a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment