Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rental car tip

found this tip in the forum somewhere and it%26#39;s awesome!





I usually find great deals on rental cars from rentalcars.com or carrentals.com ...





someone posted that delta.com (yes, the airline website!) had good rates.





Tested it out and got a car at Avis on delta.com for $15 a day LESS than the lowest rate on the other 2 sites showing Fox as the lowest. I saved $45 bucks and got a national brand rental company!





Thanks for the hot tip!



Rental car tip


Thanks for passing that info along. I just checked my dates (late Dec-early Jan) and its quite a bit cheaper than rates Ive found so far.



Do you happen to know if your able to cancel without penalty? Ive read through the policy/terms and found nothing about their cancellation policy.



Thanks again for the tip! =)



Rental car tip


I also checked delta.com after someone posted it and I got a great deal. It says $144 for the week including taxes and such but then it says estimated price and it might be more. My question is has anyone used it and the rate was the same or at least close to it when you picked up your car?




From my experience, Ive always been given an ';estimated'; total, and have never been charged more. I think the only way it will be more, is if you add on things such as insurance, 2nd driver, car seat etc.




Delta does not charge your card when making reservations. It says you won%26#39;t be billed until you pick the car up which to me translates into, yes you can cancel without penalty. Avis is a lot cheaper through Delta.




It is -I just used the Delta web site switched from Payless and saved 35.00 0n a 4 day rental




I just checked my dates for 4/26-5/02 and it was much higher at the Delta site than Southwest Air%26#39;s site. I use them or Priceline always. I have rented many cars in many cities and most prices are the similar from site to site.




I was mistaken on saying Delta%26#39;s was higher, I did not realize that the taxes were included. I rechecked it and found that it is about $50 less than what I have been looking at so far on other sites. I am sorry I knocked your post.




has anyone got the link for these deals please




This is definitely a great tip. I previously found a car on the budget website for $54 a day before taxes. I checked out Delta.com and found a car for $18 a day. The total for 3 days turned out to be only $73 after taxes and fees. Definitely check out the site.




THanks for the tip. We were going to due without the car as the best I found was around$45 a day. Went to Delta.com and got a compact for 4 days March 2-6 for $107. The ecomomy one was $97. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment